Skip to main content

Make Them Die Slowly!

I realize that we are all somewhat desensitized to violence and horror today. I mean, what would scare the bejesus out of someone 10-15 years ago in a movie has probably been shown on Sesame Street by now. There are a few films that, while they do not "scare" me, they are classic, gore trash, that I love. Here is a small list of them, so that you may find them for yourself and enjoy.

1. Tombs of the Blind Dead. This is Spanish (Portugal) with subtitles. There is a bit of a creepiness to it, but it is just good cheeseball horror. It is not as gory as some others on this list, but there is some people eating. Something kind of funny about blind templars wandering around until they bump into someone and then eat them.

2. Cannibal Ferox. Italian. Oh my. This is so fucking hilarious. Basically, there are the some college kids and a coked up professor. They stumble upon a tribe of cannibals. This movie is sick. I mean, member of tribe cuts penis off and eats it. Need I say more? Alright, I will. As you will read if you click that link, there were actual animal killings. WTF? I had this on laser disc (think CD that is bigger than a record, and you have to flip it over when one side is done), if you can believe that. Tagline is "Make them die slowly!"

3. Zombie 2. Lucio Fulci's classic. Italian. This is called Zombie 2 (actually Zombi 2 in Italy) because although written before Romero's Dawn of the Dead, it was released after. Dawn of the Dead was released as Zombi in Italy. Zombi 2 was given it's name to make more money as an unauthorized sequel. The 2 films have nothing to do with each other. This movie is a bit creepy at times. Zombie boat floating in the harbor in NYC. People poking their heads about to investigate? DEATH!

4. Maniac. This film is...nuts. Tom Savini does the make up (and of course must show up in the film) and does quite a good job, but I warn you: this one is disturbing. No zombies, just a sick, well, maniac. Basically this guys kills women, and takes their scalps. Puts 'em on manniquens. I'm not talking Kim Cattrall and Kristy Swanson mannequins, either. This one is actually a decent movie in my opinion and quite watchable from an aesthetic standpoint, but again, I warn you: DISTURBING.

5. B.A.P.S. Absolutely horrifying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Movie: Popcorn (1991)

Random Movie: [REC] (2007)

Random Movie: The Frighteners (1996)

Finally Open for Business! Top Movies Delayed for Some Reason or Another

Random Movie: Escape Room (2019)