Skip to main content

Unsung Heroes: Joe Estevez

Ever since Mystery Science Theater 3000 made a triumphant return, I have been devouring as many episodes as I can stand. Last night, I indulged in a hapless film about a werewolf, quite originally titled Werewolf, and saw a quasi-familiar name pop up in the opening credits: Joe Estevez.

As Mike and the 'bots made a quip about Charlie's uncle being the biggest star in the film, I thought it was just an odd coincidence, not knowing there is an untapped wealth of Estevezes lurking around Hollywood. In Joe's case, I was astonished that he has been featured in close to two hundred films and none of which I have ever seen or even heard of. In fact, the only recognizable title on his resume was Apocolyse Now where he did uncredited voice-over work.

I guess just like any other family, you have those with talent and achievement and others who get parts because they look like a haggard Martin Sheen at a fraction of the cost. Its sad that Joe has remained off the radar for those who do not comb through the direct-to-video bins o' shlock. Can't his own brother or even his nephews throw him a bit role to get him in the limelight? An actor cannot rely on cheesy movies alone since MST3K is unable to give any more promotion or residuals.

Regardless, I'll be pulling for you Joe!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Movie: Popcorn (1991)

Random Movie: [REC] (2007)

Random Movie: The Frighteners (1996)

Finally Open for Business! Top Movies Delayed for Some Reason or Another

Random Movie: Escape Room (2019)