Skip to main content

Trouble on the 'Texas Chainsaw' Remake? Who Could've Seen.

Photo: Lionsgate Entertainment

This afternoon, I was surprised to see a news article about the directors of the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot being replaced. As anyone, I promptly exclaimed "Jesus Christ, another one?"

At first thought, I believed that there had already been six dozen Texas Chainsaw remakes. When I started to do some research on it, I quickly threw my hands up in dismay as with this series' fucked up continuity, it's basically impossible to tell what is a remake/reboot/reboot-quel, proper sequel, or something else in between. Leatherface's name has changed more than Puff Daddy, there are I think three different timelines in the series, and aside from the first and second movies, there has been no little carryover with behind-the-scenes crew.

Aside from the fact that I mostly liked the reboot movies from the aughts, I don't really care for this series. But I think it's hilarious that the powers that be in Hollywood keep beating this shit out of this dead horse carcass for a quick buck, even though the last movie, Leatherface (not to be confused with Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III) was overwhelmingly terrible from the reviews I've read and not even worthy of a wide theatrical release. The wheels keep on turning in spite of the diminishing returns.

But anyways, back to this ill-fated Texas Chainsaw reboot: directors Andy and Ryan Tohill have been given the boot after a week of filming after the production company, Legendary, did not care for their output apparently. They have been replaced with David Blue Garcia who now appears to be in the Quixotic position of making another follow-up to the classic Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

May God be with him.

Note: I apparently already knew about this project back in February with this article. I can't speak to this being either pre-pandemic or just that I don't retain information about all these goddamn Texas Chainsaw movies. Maybe a bit of both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Movie: Popcorn (1991)

Random Movie: [REC] (2007)

Random Movie: The Frighteners (1996)

Finally Open for Business! Top Movies Delayed for Some Reason or Another

Random Movie: Escape Room (2019)