Skip to main content

'Christopher Robin' is the Movie the World Needs Right Now


I didn’t think we needed a live-action Winnie the Pooh movie. Clearly, I was wrong.



Even this week, when the latest trailer for Christopher Robin dropped, I could not be bothered to care. Even though Disney’s live action films have been ... okay, I could not imagine how they would pull off a talking bear and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood and not have it be creepy or unnecessary.

Granted, all we have at the moment to go on is the trailer, but look at this damn thing. It warmed my heart just watching it. Seeing Pooh in “real life” initially was unsettling at first but by the time the trailer introduced Piglet, Tigger, and my personal favorite, Eeyore, I was solidly on board.

I learned my lesson from Paddington 2 that some schmaltzy family films are good and needed in the world, especially nowadays. Christopher Robin looks like another of those to keep handy as the rest of the world falls away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Movie: Popcorn (1991)

Random Movie: [REC] (2007)

Random Movie: The Frighteners (1996)

Finally Open for Business! Top Movies Delayed for Some Reason or Another

Random Movie: Escape Room (2019)