Skip to main content

Random Movie: Flesh Freaks (2000)

Written by: PBF

I am going to warn you. This is possibly the worst movie you will ever see. I realize that I may have said that about a couple of other films. Forget about those. THIS IS POSSIBLY THE WORST MOVIE YOU WILL EVER SEE.

So, college student goes to Belize for archeological dig that last through the summer. Dead body is discovered. Dead body comes to life. Kills everyone but the college student. College student comes back to college. Dead bodies come back to life and kill people at the college. Fairly simple. And yet so much damage to my soul was done.

Where do I even begin with this? Well, the acting is just horrible. And not charming horrible like kids in an elementary school production about the first Thanksgiving. Horrible like genocide, or when a child is kidnapped. We here at Movie Scum, have better production values than this film. This is as low budget as it gets. The directing is ungodly. There were these really odd stretches of what looked like a show on Animal Planet. Just inserted into a narrated flashback, we would see close ups of bugs, monkeys, fish, and for some reason a domesticated dog. This happened several times. The special effects were special not in the sense that they were good, but rather in the sense that they were retarded. I think there was a zombie with his shirt tucked into his jeans. Also another zombie appeared to be colored with black crayon on his face, but not very well. He looked like someone in blackface that walked through a lawn sprinkler and the make up ran a bit. Then there was the college that had a total of 6 students, 4 of which were main characters, 2 were background. There were only 2 professors. So I am to believe these kids are at this huge university that was as vacant as MySpace. The music was repetitive and the audio was crap. Sometimes the actors would talk too much in to the mic, sometimes I could not hear them at all. At various spots you can hear the wind blowing in to the mic. I mean really hear it loudly. There were awful scene transitions, pointless “art” shots, and at one point I could not see one of the characters because the shot was too dark. I could just go on and on; I have barely even scratched the surface.

I am all for watching horrible movies for a laugh, but this movie will just piss you off. I know some young kid probably poured his heart, soul and about $28 in to this, but it is fucking crap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Movie: Popcorn (1991)

Random Movie: [REC] (2007)

Random Movie: The Frighteners (1996)

Finally Open for Business! Top Movies Delayed for Some Reason or Another

Random Movie: Escape Room (2019)