Skip to main content

Make this Reality: Unlimited Theater Pass

I can't fathom how no one has yet to establish this in America. The US is one of the largest producers of films in the world as well as one of the largest populace of consumers of said movies. If the UK can do it, why the hell can't we?

I'm talking about unlimited movie passes. No, Netflix (as awesome as they are) doesn't count. I want a theater chain to come up with a totally unlimited movie pass letting me see as many movies as I can and see fit within one calender year. While discussing the future of this blog with my collaborator PBF, one of the points of contention was the fact that neither of us can see as many theatrical movies as we would like. The unlimited movie pass would fix all of that.

Now, I don't expect it to be cheap but I do expect it to be cost-prohibitive for the casual movie-goers while giving us cinemanerds a good deal. Maybe $150-$250 for a 12 month span would be a good starting point provided there are not ridiculous restrictions like seating areas or valid times of day. While $300 may seem a bit steep, I figure that on average there are at least two movies per month that I want to see. If each movie is at the average cost of $8 per ticket, this is a cost of close to $200 per year at the pay-per-view rate. Therefore I can by my $200 unlimited pass, see the two movies per month I want to anyways and probably catch many more films, all the while adding to the theater's bottom line with their deliciously, artery-hardening popcorn.

Not only will this increase theater concession sales, bring more people to see those stupid ads in front of the movies, and create more of an audience to spread the word to friends, I will get to see as many movies as I want. From where I sit, its a no-brainer. Let's work on this Hollywood!

Comments

  1. Yes! Seriously. They could make MORE money off me if I could buy an unlimited pass. Because its so expensive I only go about one a month - spending about $120/year. I would gladly pay $250-$300 for an unlimited yearly pass. they make more money than they would off of me and I get to see as many movies as I can (the theater is playing the movie anyway!) Its a freakin win-win! right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Movie: Popcorn (1991)

Random Movie: [REC] (2007)

Random Movie: The Frighteners (1996)

Finally Open for Business! Top Movies Delayed for Some Reason or Another

Random Movie: Escape Room (2019)